The Appliansys CACHEBOX310 is designed for your network core. It combines enterprise-class feature rich caching software with the security, reliability and ease-of-use of the appliance format.
CACHEBOX was one of the first web cache appliances to use Solid State Drives (SSD) and now delivers 3600 HTTP requests per second in a 1U format. Depending on your type of traffic that means it can support more than 20,000 users per appliance. Other vendors only offer this level of performance with bigger, more expensive devices.
As well as using SSD for speed and storing small files, CACHEBOX310 stores larger files – like internet video – from Google, YouTube and others. It also caches software updates from leading Operating System and Application vendors saving you even more bandwidth.
If you have a very heavy caching workload, you can cluster two or more CACHEBOX310’s with WCCP or a load balancer to get even higher performance.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Save bandwidth, save money
- Fully featured caching software support for HTTP
- Flash Video Caching (YouTube, Google Video etc)
- Software Update Caching (MS Windows, AV Software etc)
- Pre-fetching and mirroring of content
Easier to manage
- Secure web administration interface
- On-Box Graphical Reporting
- Operating system runs from read only Industrial CompactFlash
- SNMP support allows the box to be monitored by standard networking tools
- Supports custom ACLs
- Forward transparent, explicit and interception deployment modes including Bridge mode with Fail-to-Wire resiliency
- Clustering, load balancing and hierarchies
- WCCP Support (v.2, GRE and Layer 2)
- IP spoofing
- Active Directory integration via NTLM authentication
- Firewall with NAT forwarding for networking flexibility