BYOD Solutions – Bring Your Own Device
Yes to BYOD. Bring Your Own Device! As smartphones and tablets proliferate on your network, you need to be able to say “Yes” to the benefits of such devices without compromising your security. Fortinet lets you securely take advantage of this new generation devices without exposing your data, users, or network to additional threats or disrupting your existing security infrastructure.
- Allowing your employees, contractors, and guest workers to use mobile devices on your network is not without challenges.
- New demands will be placed on your network bandwidth as the number of devices increase.
- Web site filtering, spam filtering, data leak protection and application control technologies will become even more important as information is transferred to and from each user’s individual device.
- Wi-Fi technology will need to be tightly integrated into your security infrastructure.
- Networks will need to be segmented so that guest devices are not allowed on your production network.
- Authentication and encryption techniques may need to be extended to mobile devices.
- ‘Per-user’ licensing of your network security infrastructure will need to be reevaluated as the number of devices on your network explodes.
The Power To Say Yes
- Fortinet gives you the power to provide a full range of security technologies to your BYOD environment – with simplicity, lower costs and more complete protection. You have the flexibility to deploy the right amount of protection to meet your unique mobile device policies and environment:
- Intrusion Prevention
- Application Control
- Data Loss Prevention
- Web Content Filtering
- VPN (SSL and IPsec)
- Two-factor Authentication
Working With Complimentary Technologies
Fortinet solutions easily co-exist with Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solutions. Fortinet’s BYOD approach fills in the gaps in protection that these other solutions don’t deliver, reducing your risk profile without requiring you to upgrade or replace your existing MDM or VDI products.